Thursday, January 14, 2016

Comfort in the Darkness - Part 3

It was the summer between my two senior years that I went to Colorado for Kaleo.  This was essentially missionary training.  We were taught and expected to share the Word of God with complete strangers in a tourist area.  This was way outside of my introverted comfort zone, but I said yes and Depression got scared.  It was probably about half way through my time that I realized what the roar was.  I had been through this before.  The last time I heard this roar, it was almost the end of me.  This time I knew what it was and I knew that I had a powerful weapon that could destroy the oppressive darkness.  I dropped to my knees and I prayed.

God the last time I tried to fight this by myself it nearly killed me.  I know I can't fight this on my own again and I don't have to.  God take this depression from me and replace it with peace!

A weight was lifted from me.  I literally felt lighter.  I stood and I knew that God had answered my prayer.  There is nothing like knowing that God loves you so much that He will fight your demons.  He didn't have to.  He doesn't need me.  But, there He was.  One short prayer full of desperation and faith and that nagging voice, that constant companion was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment