Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Week Down, Seven To Go

Only four classes this summer.  Clinical Medicine, Epidemiology/Statistics, Human Behavior, and Genetics/Immunology.  Despite starting Genetics before school started and having no class Friday, I still find myself struggling to keep up.  There is A LOT of reading this semester.  And while I devoured books as a teenager, it is not something that comes easily to me anymore.  I'm not sure if my attention span is lacking or if I need to visit the eye doctor or a combination of both.

This semester I will have two presentations to give.  We were told to select our topics by the end of the first week.  No pressure.  I'll be doing a Genetics presentation on the genetic variations of monozygotic twins.  Should be fascinating to try to get to the bottom of how it's possible for Amelia to have a little birthmark on her right hip while Julia doesn't.  My other presentation will focus on maternal and fetal safety of cesarean sections versus vaginal delivery, or something like that.  I haven't quite nailed it down yet.  While part of me wants to sigh in exasperation at the amount of work I will be doing over the next seven weeks, another part of me that ADORES research is thrilled.  (If anyone has a link to any research on either of these two topics that would be much appreciated)

Now if someone could just tell me how to be in two places at once over the next seven weeks so I can enjoy the Summer with my family AND study, I would be forever grateful.

1 comment:

  1. AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alex has a birth mark on his hip and cole doesn't!!!!!! thats crazy. and good luck to you mama!

    ReplyDelete